Need more help?
View a quick "how to" video.Watch video
Chat live with an HTH®Helpline expert.Chat now
Prefer to call us?(866)-HTH-POOL
If your pool is green, black, purple, or brown, let us help transform this to a clear, sparkling blue. Possible causes of discolored water are algae growth or excess copper, manganese or iron. Don't let the color overwhelm you; it may be a simple fix.
- Green, cloudy water (algae growth): See the Algae section for more detailed instructions.
- Clear, blue-green water (excess copper): Use hth® metal & stain defense according to label directions.
- Dark green or brown water (excess iron): Use hth® metal & stain defense according to label directions.
- Black or purple water (excess manganese): Use hth® metal & stain defense according to label directions.
- Maintain balanced water.
- Shock treat the pool weekly.
- Use an hth® metal & stain defense.
As always, we’re here to help. If you have questions, contact our help line at 1-866-HTH-POOL or talk to our experts with our live chat!
Please read the following important reminders before adding pool chemicals to water:
• NEVER mix products together or dissolve before use.
• ONLY enter pool when FAC levels are below 4 ppm to prevent risk of bodily harm.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.