Properly closing your pool not only helps protect your pool surfaces and equipment, but it can also make your maintenance to-do list much easier and shorter when you open back up again next season. Use the following task list to make your pool closing nice and easy.
- Test and adjust water balance using hth® 6-way multi-purpose test strips or other hth® test kits or strips.
- Clean pool by thoroughly vacuuming and removing any floating debris.
- Use the hth® pool care kit for closing your pool. Carefully follow label directions for order of addition and proper dosage of each product.
- Follow pool manufacturer's directions on draining the pool so that water level is below the skimmers, and flush and drain any hoses that will remain outdoors during cold winter months
- Drain pump, filter, heater and all other equipment according to manufacturer’s directions. Properly store all equipment indoors to prevent damage from freezing temperatures. Follow manufacturer’s directions for lubrication and proper storage.
- Clean the filter
- Cover pool with a properly fitted pool cover. Cover should be resistant to water, weather and pool chemicals. Seal the edge of the cover to prevent wind from getting beneath the seal. This will save you cleanup time when you re-open your pool by keeping out unwanted debris.